How to Program GM Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac truck remotes? (most trucks up to 2007)
Chevy, Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC, Buick, Pontiac and Hummer H2 keyless entry remote programming for trucks and SUVs is quite simple In order to program a Keyless entry remote (sometimes called installation or activation) you simply need your car remote (all of your existing and new GM keyless entry remotes) and your ignition key. Actually, despite of the common name - remote programming, the process involves training the GM truck to recognize a new remote you purchased. So within the first few steps of programming the remote you get the vehicle into so called programming mode or learning mode, then simply press a button (or buttons) on all the remotes you have.
Please watch use the video aid below to watch how it is done in the truck - how to program keyless entry remote video.
Remote programming for most trucks made before 2007. Programming method 1 (for trucks listed below)
2004-2007 Buick Rainier keyfob
2002-2006 Cadillac Escalade keyless remote control
2002-2009 GMC Envoy SUV remote keyless system programming
2003-2008 Isuzu Ascender remote door opener
1998-2004 GMC Jimmy truck remote door opener
2000-2005 GMC Safari van remotes
1999-2006 GMC Sierra remote key fob (including 2007 GMC Sierra Classic remote)
1998-2004 GMC Sonoma pickup truck remote system
2003-2007 Hummer H2 remote controls
2002-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV remote
Programming instructions ( steps how program a keyless entry remote) below
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the GM remote transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory if not reprogrammed during the same programming procedure. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again with new remote.
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel and -continue to hold down until instructed to release.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically to confirm remote programing or learning mode.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat the previous step for each additional car transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.