Toyota keyless entry remote control programming (called installation or activation) is do it yourself uncomplicated procedure. Despite of the widespread name - Toyota remote programming, the method involves training the automobile to recognize a newly purchased remote. Free DIY programming instructions including instructional video are included below in this article.
List of vehicles applicable
2003-2008 Toyota Avalon keyless remotes
2000-2006 Toyota Camry keyless entry remotes
2000-2005 Toyota Celica remote controls
2003-2010 Toyota Corolla remote keyless system
2000-2005 Toyota Echo remotes
2007-2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser key fobs
2001-2007 Toyota Highlander car remote controls
2004-2008 Toyota Matrix car remote transmitters
2000-2004 Toyota MR2 keyless transmitters
2001-2003 Toyota Prius remotes
2001-2010 Toyota RAV4 keyless entry remote control
2004-2010 Toyota Sienna minivan remotes
2004-2008 Toyota Solara coupe and convertible remotes
2002-2009 Toyota Tacoma keyless entry transmitters
2004-2006 Toyota Tundra remote controls
1999-2009 Toyota 4Runner remotes
Procedure To Program Toyota Wireless Remote Transmitters:
Begin with: The driver's door open and unlocked. Key out of the ignition.
1. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch 2 times within 5 seconds.
NOTE: Steps 2 and 3 should be performed within 40 seconds.
2. Close and open driver's door TWICE.
3. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it.
NOTE: Steps 4 - 6 should be performed within 40 seconds.
4. Close and open the driver's door twice.
5. Insert the key into the ignition.
6. Close the door.
NOTE: Steps 5 and 6 should be reversed for the following models ONLY (close door first, then insert key into ignition):
2000 - 2005 Celica
2001 - 2003 Prius
2001 - 2005 ECHO
2001 - 2005 RAV4
2003 - 2004 Avalon
7. Turn the ignition switch from "Lock" to "On" and back to "Lock" at about 1 second intervals to select the desired mode:
1 time for ADD mode.
2 times for REWRITE mode.
3 times for CONFIRMATION mode.
5 times for PROHIBITION mode.
8. Remove the key from the ignition.
9. To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle "lock" to "unlock" a number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 7.
NOTE: If Confirmation or Prohibition modes have been selected, opening the door will complete the procedure.
10. For Add or Rewrite modes do the following within 40 seconds of Door
Procedure Lock confirmation:
A. Press both car transmitter Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously between 1 and 1.5 seconds and release.
B. Within 3 seconds of step A, press the transmitter Lock button for more than 1 second and release.
If the keyless entry remote transmitter has been successfully programmed, the power locks will cycle "lock" to "unlock" once at this time.
If there are problems with the remote transmitter or the procedure up to this point, the locks will cycle twice. If this occurs, verify that you have received the correct transmitter, and then repeat the above procedure.
C. If multiple remotes are to be reprogrammed, repeat steps A and B.
11. Open the driver's door to conclude programming mode.
Please also watch the video below to learn about Toyota keyless remote programming