Infiniti keyless entry remote
control programming (called installation or activation) is do it yourself uncomplicated procedure. Despite of the widespread name - remote programming, the method involves training the automobile to recognize a newly purchased remote key fob
. Free DIY remote control programming
instructions including instructional video are included below in this article.
Please also watch the video below to learn about Infiniti keyless remote programming
List of vehicles applicable
2003 2004 2005 Infiniti G35 remote keyless entry
1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 Infiniti I30 keyless entry remotes
2002 2003 2004 Infiniti I35 remote keyless entry controls
2004 2005 2006 2007 Infiniti FX35 remote keyless entries
2004 2005 2006 2007 Infiniti FX45 remote
1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Infiniti QX4 remote transmitters
2004 2005 2006 2007 Infiniti QX56 Keyless Entry Remotes
This procedure only works for standard Infiniti remotes
. It will NOT work for so called smart of proxy remotes
- looking like this
Please read carefully before trying! If at any time you make a mistake, start and stop your car, exit the vehicle and start over.
The remote can be only programmed with a master key
1. Sit in car with doors and windows closed.
2. Lock doors with power door lock switch on driver's door.
3. Put in and pull out key from ignition approx. 8 times or until you see the hazard/turn signal lights flash.(older models lights may flash after 4 or 5 times) you need to do that in less then 10 sec
4. When hazard lights flash (on 2005 and newer models the gauge needles may jump a little instead) , put key in ignition and turn to the acc position.(when your hazard lights flash your car is sending a signal to be received by the remote)
5. Press lock button on the new remote
, lights should flash again.
If you have 2 remotes, 1 new and 1 old or 2 new ones, please continue with steps 6 and 7. If not, skip to end.
6. Press unlock button on driver's door, then lock button on drivers door, lights will again flash
7. Press lock button on 2nd new or old Infiniti remote transmitter
. Lights again will flash.
You are done. Exit vehicle and try your remote. It will not work from inside car or with key in ignition.
Note: if your hazard lights flash after inserting your key in and out, but you can't get the remote to program, you may have a dead battery or the wrong remote. If instructions do not work, do it again but when you get in - shut the door, buckle seat belt and lock doors, then proceed to putting key in ignition